Sega is releasing a Puyo Puyo version of Tetris (hence the name) to western markets for the first time. Puyo Puyo Tetris drops in North America on April 25 and PAL regions (Australia, New Zealand etc.) April 28.
It’s coming to both the PS4 and Nintendo Switch despite the Japanese version being on PS3 and Xbox One.
The game contains both single-player and multi-player modes with a story campaign included. According to The Otaku’s Study, these five multiplayer modes include:
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris.
- Swap – Players compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth.
- Fusion – Players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear challenge boards as quickly as possible.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that can either help players or harm their opponents.
Puyo Puyo Tetris will cost $30 for the digital version and $40 for the physical copy.