PQUBE is very pleased to announce that they have partnered with Dreadlocks studio and BadLand Games to release a physical version of the amazing 2d side-scrolling RPG, Dex on PlayStation 4 in retailers across the UK on July 29, 2016.
Dex is a cyberpunk 2D side-scrolling RPG following the story of an AI, Dex, and her quest for Singularity, an event in which artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence.
Chased by corporate mercenaries without a clue as to why, Dex gets thrown into a web of intrigue, leading her to question the origins of her own existence. Only you get to decide how the story ends.
The streets of Harbor Prime offer countless opportunities. In this open world, you get to influence the fate of everyone you meet, fight against dangerous gangs, expose corporate secrets, dive into the depths of Cyberspace, develop Dex’s skills, and much more.
- Rare melding of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions meld with hand-drawn art, animations and arcade-style melee combat.
- Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or normal reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, special equipment.
- Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock gameplay-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your gameplay style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and then return back to your body in a fraction of a real-time second to see the results – deactivated turrets, overloaded devices and cripple enemies.
- Neo-cyberpunk: Story deeply inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors, flavoured with a contemporary concept of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, run-down shantytowns, and seedy red-light districts.
- Full voice acting: Interactive dialogues using hand-drawn sprite animations, fully voice-acted by professional actors.
Latest posts by Marc Villa (see all)
- SmuggleCraft Revives Split-Screen Racing On Console - February 14, 2017
- Dishonored 2 ‘Free Update 1’ Now Available, Offers New Game Plus Mode - December 20, 2016
- MOTO RACER 4 Gets New PS4 Launch Trailer - December 20, 2016
- Trove Kicks Off PS4 Open Beta - December 14, 2016
- Twin Stick Sci-fi Shooter Vostok Inc. Headed To PS4/Vita In 2017 - December 14, 2016