Update: The update will be arriving on August 5th.
Splatoon fans are currently awaiting the release of the August 6th update which will add a great deal of new content to the game. The update will contain the following items:
- New Battle Modes
- Squad Battle – Play with friends on the same team using Ranked Battle rules. Teams can have between 2 to 4 players.
- Private Battle – Friends can now participate in private, customizable matches. Mode allows for 2 to 8 players. Asymmetrical matches are also allowed like 4vs1 or 3vs2.
- Increased Level Caps
- Level 50 is now the maximum for Regular Battle mode
- Rank S and S+ are now the max for Ranked Battle mode.
- New Gear
- Slosher – a modified paint bucket used to cover a lot of ground
- Splatling – a rapid fire Gatling gun based weapon
- Over 40 clothing options – this includes new shirts, hats, shoes, and even matching outfit pieces
You can look at some of the new update screenshots below.